10 Bible verses about Thankfulness
Rather it's the Thanksgiving holiday season or any other random day, being thankful is a game changer.
Did you know that the practice of daily gratitude has been proven to have positive affects on the mental, spiritual, and physical health? It is one of the simplest things we can choose to do to make a change in our life, yet one of the most overlooked disciplines- Being thankful.
And don't just believe me, God's Word has a lot to say about this topic! So, if you need your daily reminder to be thankful, or just some encouragement about giving thanks, check out these 10 Bible verses about Thankfulness:
1. Psalm 9:1 tells us to give thanks to God, and then shout it from the rooftop!
" I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds." Psalm 9:1
2. Philippians 4:6-7 tells us not to worry about anything, but instead to offer our concerns before the Lord, with thanksgiving.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
3. Psalm 95:2-3 encourages us to come before God with thanksgiving and music. Why? Because He is GREAT.
"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:2-3
4. How about giving thanks for one another? Ephesians 1:15-16
"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:15-16
5. 1 Chronicles 16:34 is straight to the point. Give thanks to the Lord!
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. "
1 Chronicles 16:34
6. Colossians 3:17 says no matter what you do, do it in thanksgiving.
"And whatever you do,whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
7. Psalm 7:17 Speaks of giving thanks to God for His righteousness.
"I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17
8. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 admonishes us to give thanks no matter what. That's convicting.
"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18
9. Come before Him with thanksgiving and praise. That's what Psalm 100:4 speaks to.
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:4
10. And last, but absolutely not least, Psalm 106:1.